Monday, October 15, 2007

Joe Flanigan - a little Stargate chat



OMG 3 blogs in one day! I'm sure there will be a long dry spell before the next one!

Spent a great day on Sunday... did a very unCenza thing. Took 2 of my girls to Melb Exhibition Centre for Armageddon:the Comic Expo. My kids love Stargate Atlantis and wanted to meet Joe Flanigan, the US actor who was attending the expo on Sunday. I'm a good mother, who was I to say no to "meeting" a very cute guy. "Of course I'll take you!" "Of course I'll stand in a queue for 3 hours" "of course I'll stand next to a six foot something very attractive actor and have my photo taken while he put his arm around me" I tell you all, being a mother is a tough job! Got a lovely photo which of course looks like a family portrait, very cute guy (see above) with myself and 2 children...our new family photo!

Constantly thinking how do these people do this? He landed in Australia at 8am. Hurried through customs, taken to hotel room, arrives at venue at 11am, photos, autographs and chat until 6pm, dinner with fans in the evening. I asked him how long he was staying and he said he was off to Byron Bay surfing on Monday and then to New Zealand on the 22nd October. Some of the other actors were only in the country for 3 or 4 days.

Also met the guy who played "the Source" (AKA the source of all evil)in the tv series Charmed who signed an autograph for my 9 year old "To Gemma. BEHAVE! Listen to the Source". For anyone who's heard me talk to my darling cheeky girl on the phone as she creates havoc at home...you will really understand this.

Also met Alan Tudyk, from - Serenity / I Robot / Dodgeball / A Knights Tale/ and the new movie Death at a Funeral. Very nice guy-great with the kids and happy to chat!

So now I know how to add photos to my blog!

Cheers til next time!

4 comments:

I am not a Librarian said...

Goodonya Cenza! Great stuff!

Paul said...

Hi Cenza,
How did I miss Armageddon? I am such a bad parent...... or can I get away with it if I don't tell my 3 girls that it was on? If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears does anybody care and so on...... Alan Tudyk is one of their favourites as well. Sounds like it was great fun,
cheers, Paul.

Learning 2.0 administrator said...

Hi Cenza,
I went as well and had a great time although it was way too crowded. The kids and I enjoyed listening to Connor Trineer (Star Trek and such a gentleman) and Alan Tudyk- I am soooo hoping they bring out another Firefly movie. Joe Flanigan gave so much away re season 3 that I raced home and spent hours catching up...sniff...sniff.
Cheers
Leslie- ps they are all marvellously good looking in person!!!

Nick said...

Haha.\ Cenza.

STARGATE!!!

And you wrote OMG...
you sound like me hehehe..


Nice blog entries, very very entertaining :]]]

Nick